In 2016 the European Commission approved and adopted a new framework for European data protection law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR requirements will become effective on May 25, 2018 and will affect all companies who process personal data of individuals in the EU.
Postly fully welcomes GDPR and will continue to ensure our customers’ data is secure. We are heavily engaged in preparing for GDPR and we have already made significant progress.
Here’s an overview of GDPR and how we prepared for it at Postly:
What’s GDPR? #
GDPR is a new set of rules designed to give EU citizens more control over their personal data. It aims to simplify the regulatory environment for business so both citizens and businesses in the European Union can fully benefit from the digital economy.
Who does GDPR apply to? #
GDPR applies to any organization operating within the EU, as well as any organizations outside of the EU which offer goods or services to customers or businesses in the EU.
How is Postly compliant with GDPR? #
We are taking many steps across the entire company to ensure we will be compliant with the GDPR. Here are the main things we’ve been doing to address the requirements of GDPR:
GDPR compliance features
We’ve built features to give you more control of your account and data. All the new options are available in your Account Settings.
You will have the access to do the following:
- Rectify your data: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. You can rectify most of your personal data from your Account Settings.
- Have your personal data erased: If you no longer use Postly, you can choose to remove your account and your personal data from our systems. This also includes third-party providers we are sharing your data with. Please keep in mind that once you delete your account, your data will be permanently deleted and we will not be able to recover it.
- Opt-out of updates: You can now choose at any time to opt-in or opt-out of marketing email updates. We send email updates about product and feature announcements, promotions, educational materials, and events. Our updates focus on relevant information and never sell your data to marketing companies.
We coordinated with our providers #
We reviewed all our vendors to find out about their GDPR plans. We arranged GDPR-ready data processing agreements with them to make sure your data is secure.
We took new security measures
Security is a top priority for us. We’ve added additional safeguards to keep your data safe and secure.
Where can I learn more? #
Feel free to reach out to us anytime at [email protected]
- Social Media Image and Video Sizes and Formats - March 8, 2023
- Content PlannerBlog – Events and Holidays for March 2023 - February 28, 2023
- 10 Alternatives to Hootsuite That Will Make Your Job 10 Times Easier - February 14, 2023