New Feature: Instagram Collab Posts to Double Your Impressions
Do you want to collaborate on the creation of content for Instagram with other companies or influencers? Let’s find out how the Instagram Collab tool for posts in both Reels and feeds.
On Instagram, demonstrating a collaboration may be done in one of two ways up till now:
• Tag a company or content producer in one of your posts in the same way that you would a friend. Because there is no way to distinguish between personal and professional tags, this lacks transparency. [Cause and effect]
• To indicate that a post was sponsored in some way, use the branded content tag. This tag may only be used by a select group of different authors.
You have a third choice available to you in the form of the Collab tag.
- Anyone that you tag as a collaborator will be shown on the post alongside you as a co-author. They won’t need to take screenshots or utilize a separate app to reshare the post on their profile; they’ll be able to do so immediately after seeing it.
In addition, the Collab tag may be used by any public account, regardless of how large the audience is for that account. It is a novel and less complicated technique to communicate the existence of professional collaboration.
In conclusion, the Collab tag accelerates the process of sharing material and makes it easier to collaborate.
• Provides complete credit to each author of a piece.
• This makes it easy for people to convert since all they have to do is touch the name of the business or artist on the post to be sent to their profile.
• With only one click, your profile name will be shown to the audience that follows your post partner.
How to Use the ‘Collab’ Tag on Instagram for Reels:
Both feed posts and reels have a few similarities in their design. It is likely for these reasons that Instagram has limited the use of the Collab tag to just these types.
1. Feed postings and Reels material are both considered to be permanent.
2. Both parties can utilize shopping tags.
3. The Explore page displays both of these options.
The fact that reels appear in various locations on your profile gives them a unique quality. They will be stored in the Reels tab, they will be shown in the main grid along with the postings from your feed, and you will have the option to publish them to Stories as well.
1. Start by recording and editing as you typically would produce a reel with the Collab tag, as you would normally do.
2. After you have checked that everything appears correctly by using the Preview button, you can go on to the next step by tapping the Next button.
3. To access the Collab label, use the Tag People button.
4. You will be presented with two choices when you go on to the next screen: You have the option of tagging individuals in the post as you normally would or inviting a collaborator to be acknowledged there.
5. You will be prompted to look for an account to tag when you go on to the next step.
- You are allowed to tag a maximum of 20 accounts. Be careful, however, since that sum takes into account both regular tags and Collab tags. Therefore, you could tag ten individuals and ten collaborators, or you could tag zero people and twenty collaborators, but that’s the most you can do.
- Keep in mind that the tag won’t appear on your post until all of your collaborators have given their approval. You are free to instantly upload your demo reel, but it may take a little time for your partner to get the message that it has been uploaded and accept it. Therefore, you shouldn’t panic if it doesn’t appear immediately away.
How to Use the “Collab” Tag on Instagram Feed Posts:
The first content type on Instagram was called “feed posts,” and it consisted of the square photographs that users uploaded to their profiles. They will remain on the grid of your profile until you decide to remove them. With this kind of post, you have the option of uploading a single picture, a carousel of many photographs, or even brief films.
- The Collab label functions in a similar manner for feed posts.
- To get started, take a picture with your camera or choose one from your camera roll. As is customary, you may choose several different photographs to arrange in a carousel or upload a little video.
- To access the Collab label, use the Tag People button.
You have the option of tagging individuals conventionally or using the Collab label, much as you do with Reels. You are free to make use of any choice inside the same post.
Why is it essential that you immediately begin using the Collabs feature?
The introduction of Instagram Collabs was a significant step forward for social media marketing. Collabs are not going to be a wonder, that much is abundantly evident to us. It is open to expansion, and it has the potential to become even more innovative. You need to make the most of this opportunity since influencer marketing is becoming more popular and this taps into that rich vein of potential customers.
- Instagram has made it easier than ever before to work together with other accounts. The merging of two accounts may be accomplished in a matter of seconds with only a few touches.
- It’s a lot easier. You may reshare material on Instagram without having to take screenshots or use other applications thanks to the Collabs feature.
- It extends the scope of your operation. When working with an influencer, having access to their audience as well as your own may make a significant difference in the success of your campaign. You just need one click to get new followers in addition to increased interaction.
- It helps to create trust. When you aren’t working off of the same page as another account, collaborating with them might be difficult at times. Because of this function, you have the choice of approving or rejecting a request, which makes the process much more manageable.
- It offers you control. You can create something new with a post. When working with influencers, it is common for them to be the ones who develop the content. Brands now have the ability to create posts or reels precisely as they want, and all they have to do to credit influencers as collaborators is tag them in the post or reel.
- No programming. No cluttered screenshots are needed.
Use Instagram Collab Posts to Your Advantage for Marketing:
1. Enhance Your Influencer Marketing Posts
If you are involved in influencer marketing, then you are aware that Instagram requires you to identify any sponsored posts that you publish on the platform. For sponsored collaborations, you should identify the material as branded content and use the #ad hashtag in your captions so that followers may see the tag without having to click the “see more” button.
2. Giveaways with Your Collabs
Giveaways on Instagram are a quick and simple approach to attracting followers or promoting engagement on the platform. Consider forming partnerships with other brands to participate in giveaways. In addition, the Collab tag may be able to assist in improving the overall quality of your findings.
To participate in a giveaway, followers are often required to remark on various posts from other accounts or visit multiple profiles. It is common for influencers to host giveaways, but we also see several businesses working together to host group giveaways in which they share the expenses (and the profits) of the competition.
3. Instagram Challenges:
Tagging participants in partnered challenges may become simpler and more efficient if collaborations are used. It will help you publicize the challenge more quickly while also expanding your audience. You and another person would be able to collaborate to start a fad, similar to the duets feature on Tik Tok.
If people started participating in the challenge in large numbers, you may notice an increase in the number of individuals contributing links to the collaboration chain, which would affect your visibility, reach, and impressions.
Schedule Your Instagram Posts and Reels to Rest Your Mind: Postly Instagram Scheduler
Postly is a social media management application that enables users to create, design, quickly post, and schedule material for Instagram for a future date and time.
- The tool gives you the option of either uploading files from your computer or entering the URLs of the files you want to include in your postings. You have the option of publishing your article immediately, scheduling it, or making it a regular post.
With Postly, you can choose many Instagram accounts to post when you click on the “Select platforms to post to” link that is shown in the green box that is located above.
4. You may link your Instagram account by clicking the Instagram symbol, or you can pick the Instagram account that you added in the past (you can add several accounts, too!).
Viola! You can schedule your Instagram posts way ahead and rest your mind for a week and even for a month.
To Schedule your monthly or weekly content plan, for example, you can directly use the Content Planner calendar view and plan your posts by clicking on the day you want.
Boost Social Engagement
Schedule your Posts with Postly and have more time for other things.
- Social Media Image and Video Sizes and Formats - March 8, 2023
- Content PlannerBlog – Events and Holidays for March 2023 - February 28, 2023
- 10 Alternatives to Hootsuite That Will Make Your Job 10 Times Easier - February 14, 2023